Port Townsend was named a Bicycle Friendly Community in 2008 by the League of American Bicyclists. Port Townsend and Jefferson County are very accessible by bicycle with miles of dedicated bicycle lanes on streets as well as off-street trails. The convenient bike racks on the front of Jefferson Transit and Clallam Transit buses greatly expand the range of areas reachable by bicycle.
- Bicycling Maps – The Port Townsend Bicycle Association has a large number of maps for biking routes throughout East Jefferson and East Clallam Counties. Free printed copies of their maps are available locally at bicycle shops, visitor centers, and outdoor stores. The PTBA also sponsors scenic community bicycling tours.
- Bicycle Rentals – A range of bicycles (mountain, road) available for rent by the hour, day, or week. A good way of deciding what type of bike is right for you.
- Bicycling Tours – PT Guide lists biking trails (Larry Scott Memorial and Olympic Discovery) and touring courses and events (Adventure Cycling).
Bicycle Purchase and Repair
- P.T. Cyclery in Port Townsend
- Broken Spoke in Port Townsend
- Williwaw in Port Townsend, bikes and bicycle sculptures!
- Bulldog Bicycle Repair – 360/280-5956
Need More Power for Your Ride?
- ELF sun-powered trikes from Organic Transit provide electric assist with solar and battery power.
- The Copenhagen Wheel adapts existing bicycles to provide power assist when needed. For more information, read this article.
State and National Bicycle Advocacy Organizations:
- Washington State Bicycle Alliance Resources
- People for Bikes
- League of American Bicyclists
- Alliance for Biking and Walking
- National Bicycle Greenway
- Rails to Trails Conservancy
International Bicycle Touring: