Quick Start Guide (Adobe PDF 86.6 KB)
How to get started on a program for saving energy and reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Information about impacts of climate change in the Pacific Northwest
- An overview of the business benefits of climate-friendly practices
- Steps to documenting and reducing GHG emissions
- Links to tools and resources
- Examples of the ways that local employers are responding to climate change
Business Carbon Calculator (Microsoft Excel file 2.99 MB) Provides businesses with a planning-level GHG emissions inventory to assist in prioritizing and implementing reduction strategies. Data entry is for business activities in the four areas with the most significant GHG impacts:
- Energy use
- Materials purchasing
- Waste generation
Offset Your Business Carbon Footprint You can lower the carbon footprint of your business by supporting a renewable energy project. Carbon offsets may be tax deductible, and they pay for power that does not rely on burning fossil fuels.