Home Page
Transportation Choices
Energy Efficiency
Food Choices
Renewable Energy
Going Local
Reducing Waste
Community Action
Events Calendar
Contact Us

Energy Efficiency

The energy inventory for Jefferson County (Adobe PDF 359 KB) shows that 38% of CO2 emissions are due to business and 23% to home energy, together accounting for 61% of the total. Increasing energy efficiency in buildings is a great opportunity to save money as well as to lower greenhouse gas emissions. 

Home Energy Toolkit
Home energy audits, manual guides and computer-assisted programs.

Business Energy Toolkit
Quick Start Guide, Resource Guide and computer-assisted Business Carbon Calculator.

Home Weatherization Videos
Entertaining videos with useful techniques for weather sealing windows, weather stripping doors, caulking and spray foam for cracks.

Home Weatherization Guidebook  (Adobe PDF 3.66 MB)
Do-it-yourself energy guide will help you determine what upgrades are needed to improve your home’s energy performance.

Home Weatherization for Low-Income Individuals
Olympic Community Action Programs (OlyCAP) provide services for insulation, air sealing, moisture control, and refrigerator replacement.

Jefferson PUD 
Jefferson County PUD is offering rebates on Energy Star certified home appliances such as washers, refrigerators and freezers, and their website also has information on water conservation.

Energy Star® Products 
Appliances, heating, cooling, electronics and lighting. Guides for air sealing and insulation. Federal tax credits for increasing energy efficiency.

Building and Remodeling

Green Home Remodel Guides  
Materials and strategies to create a home that's healthy, saves money, and is easy on the environment.

Green Home Construction 
Built Green™ certification sponsored by Jefferson County Home Builders Association.

Green Commercial Building
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) programs, construction recycling. 

Green Neighborhood Development
LEED program for compact and transit-oriented development.  
Free Adobe Reader
  Free Excel Reader